- Anun-biased mediator can be a good resource to settle disputes. You may choose to initiate litigation proceedings and approach court of law, however, mediation is always a peaceful and much effective measure to solve a dispute.
- A dispute arises when the parties involved form divergent views on the issues at hand. It becomes quite difficult to arrive at an agreement that is mutually beneficial for the parties involved. That is why third party is called in to make a resolve and Mediation for builders Guildford can prove to be a real asset for settlements. Building disputes are quite common and may arise out of discrepancies in the job work which was supposed to be undertaken and commissioned as per agreed and terms and conditions.
Disputes between building professionals and homeowner may arise out of the following eventualities.
- Delayed project completion: Before the project initiation, homeowner and builder agree on the tentative project completion date and that becomes binding as part of the contract. Any delay, voluntary or involuntary, in project completion give rise to dispute between homeowner and the builder.
- Quality of job work being compromised: Every homeowner wish to use the best building material in their homes. Type and quality of materials to be used is specified by the homeowners before the onset of job work. And situation becomes really tensed and volatile when the home owner comes to realize that the quality of the building materials has been compromised and is not up to the mark. It becomes really difficult to pacify the home owner or justify by the builder.
- Uncompleted job work: In some case, of course, not for real professional builders, job work is left uncompleted and the builder moves out of the premises with unfinished tasks. It becomes really hard for the homeowners to come to terms with the left out job work and puts them off and leads to aggravation of building dispute.
- Damage to the property: Sometimes, while doing the building works, the surrounding property areas get damaged due to faulty equipment handling, not following safety procedures or simply while unloading building materials. That gives rise to a dispute in regard to bearing the incurred cost of property restoration.
- Overhead, unaccounted costs: Generally while drafting a contract for job work, a due consideration is given to calculate costs involved in the building project. However, sometimes, the cost of job work goes beyond the budgeted cost and these unplanned costs can be of real point of concern for both the homeowner and the builder. It becomes really difficult for builder to justify and home owner to understand the cost increase and therefore becomes a point of contention as who would pay for it.
Well, building disputes can arise at any stage of the job work. And therefore, require a qualified mediator that carries expertise in dispute handling. These mediators can prove to be vital bridge between the parties in dispute and will be more receptive for having a neutral and unbiased approach.